First National’s Queensland members were presented with their General Excellence and Marketing Awards in a ground-breaking Instagram Live event, bringing together award recipients from each office around the state to celebrate.
The awards, which were to have been hosted at a gala event at the Hilton Brisbane in March, were deferred due to COVID-19 restrictions on public gatherings. Instead, award trophies and certificates were delivered in advance to each office, then the network’s awards MCs announced the winners, who opened their awards on schedule and participated in the social media hook-up.
The awards celebrated the achievements of the state’s agents throughout 2019, with top 10 individuals and offices now vying for National GEM Awards, which will be announced later in the year.
QLD State Chairman, Neil Coupland, says he commends the results that First National’s Queensland agents, property managers and administrators achieved in 2019, given the considerably lower stock levels experienced in some locations across the sunshine state throughout 2019.
QLD Sales Office of the Year was awarded to First National Real Estate Benowa.
The Top 10 QLD sales offices included:
1. First National Benowa – QLD Sales Office of the Year
2. First National Surfers Paradise
3. First National Cleveland
4. First National Action Realty Ipswich
5. First National Real Estate National Investments & Projects (Paradise Point)
6. First National Palm Beach
7. First National Centrepoint (Mermaid Waters)
8. First National Murwillumbah
9. First National McColms (Bundaberg)
10. First National Tweed City (Tweed Heads South)
The Top 10 QLD property management departments were:
1. First National On The Coast (Miami) – QLD Property Management Department of the Year
2. First National Cairns Central (Parramatta Park)
3. First National Copas Newnham Property Services (Toowoomba)
4. First National Springfield (Springfield Central)
5. First National Palm Beach
6. First National Sarina
7. First National Action Realty Ipswich
8. First National Carolans (Nambour)
9. First National Browns Plains
10. First National Chinchilla
Cheryl Kermond of First National Action Realty Ipswich was named QLD Commercial Property Manager of the Year (2ndconsecutive year), and Elle Osborne of First National On The Coast was named QLD Residential Property Manager of the Year.
The number one salesperson across all income streams in Queensland was Jamie Bourke (FN Benowa) and the number one residential salesperson was Ryan McCann (FN Cleveland).
The Top 10 QLD salespeople included:
1. Jamie Bourke, First National Benowa
2. Ryan McCann, First National Cleveland
3. Russell Rollington, First National Surfers Paradise
4. Rob Rollington, First National Surfers Paradise
5. Glenn Ball, First National Action Realty Ipswich
6. Bob Rollington, First National Surfers Paradise
7. Aaron Smith, First National Centrepoint (Mermaid Waters)
8. Bradley McDonald, First National Bayside (Wellington Point)
9. Rhys Wildermoth, First National Palm Beach
10. Christine Banks, First National McColms (Bundaberg)
A range of specialist awards were also announced, with:
QLD Sales Rookie of the Year being awarded to Jodi Bourke from First National Benowa and QLD Property Manager Rookie of the Year being awarded to Coco Townley from First National Browns Plains.
Other specialist awards included:
Administrator of the Year – Patrice Hayton, First National Cairns Central
Receptionist of the Year – Janina Graham, First National Rochedale